At SaferPass, we understand that trust is earned. That’s why we take the utmost care in providing you with the most secure experience possible.
Our security information and FAQ are published below. If you have any additional security requirements or concerns, please get in touch > firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a Data Protection Officer (DPO), please provide their contact info
- Yes, Julia Harustiakova – email@example.com
Who is your designated EU representative?
- Julia Harustiakova
Where is our data physically stored?
- All SaferPass data is stored in European data centers – Dublin and Frankfurt.
What security measures do you have in place to keep data secure?
- User’s privacy is our top priority. To protect the confidentiality of user’s personal information, we take appropriate security measures (including physical security measures) and we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewalls and password protection systems. All the users’ passwords are encrypted using AES-256 – the bank security standard.
What kind of personally identifiable information SafePass collects about me:
SaferPass collects only the following usage information:
- Email address
- IP address,
- SaferPass cookie ID,
- the date and time of user’s visit or use of the SaferPass Application,
- the type of internet browser or hardware device
Might SaferPass employees see my passwords, notes and other information stored in my account?
- Absolutely not. Privacy is our top priority, which is the main reason why we do not store the user’s Master Password on our data servers so that we do not have any access to the personal accounts. Every password and every account is deeply encrypted and the code we see simply looks like a random swarm of numbers and letters mixed together.
How do you handle requests to change or stop processing personal data
- The user is able to modify some of his/her personal information within SaferPass without having to make any GDPR request. Within the application, the user is able to change the contact email address and the master password.
- The user has also the right to request that his/her personal information be erased. To exercise this right user must first contact our support > firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The user will then be asked to delete the extension/app. After he/she completes this step we will request the last confirmation from the user’s side to complete the process.
Remember that when your account is deleted, all your data, including your passwords, Secure Notes, and any shared data will be deleted. We strongly recommend you export your data before deleting your account.
What third party organizations do you work with that may also have access to the data we share with you?
- Third parties are prohibited from sharing or selling this information. The user can opt-out of this usage by contacting email@example.com with his/her request.
Do you inform me when you transfer data to any 3rd party?
Do you transfer data outside the EU?
- All European data is stored in Europe.
Do you have security breach notifications in place / what are they?
- As per GDPR, yes we do. Notifications to our customers in the event of a breach and to the European Commission. As a matter of fact SaferPass also notifies users of all known breaches of PII and passwords.
Do you adhere to Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs)?
- As per GDPR* requirements, we adhere.
If you have any additional security requirements or concerns, please get in touch > firstname.lastname@example.org.
*GDPR > General Data Protection Regulation